PRIVACY & SECURITY
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected or submitted (whether online or offline) to Bush Australia Pty Limited (ABN 23 109 953 335) (“Bush Australia”). It explains how Bush Australia handles personal information and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Information We Collect and hold
Bush Australia collects personal information from individuals who purchase Bush Australia products or services, participate in Bush Australia competitions or promotions, subscribe to our mailing list, express interest in our products and services, visit our website, submit queries, undertake surveys, provide feedback, seek or enter into dealership or retailer arrangements with Bush Australia or contact Bush Australia for other reasons (including, for example, in relation to returns, repairs and warranty or gift redemptions). We collect and hold this information when it is reasonably necessary for our business purposes.
The types of personal information that Bush Australia will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include:
- your personal details on our websites (for example during registration) when you provide information via fax or over the telephone or in documents such as warranty registration forms;
- from third parties such as our related companies, contractors and agents;
- from sources of information which are available to the public;
- from our own records relating to the service and repair of your products;
- information on prior purchase experience with Bush Australia and ownership of other relevant non-Bush Australia products;
- age, occupation and information on personal lifestyle and other preferences for marketing purposes;
- financial information (collected for purposes of transactions or dealership or retailer arrangements, and information may also be collected on salary ranges for surveys and research)’ or
- from our other websites
On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials and services.
If you decline to provide us with the information we require then we may not be able to provide you with our products and/or services, respond to your queries or permit you to participate in promotions or competitions or enter into dealership or retailer arrangements with Bush Australia, or purchase Bush Australia products or services.
Our website is not set up to automatically collect personally identifiable information from each visitor to our website. It does recognise the home server of visitors, but not email addresses. For example, we can tell which Internet Service Provider our visitors use, but not the names, addresses or other information about our visitors that would allow us to identify the particular visitors to our website. This information is used only for internal purposes by our technical support staff.
Our website does track certain information about the visits to our website. For example, we compile statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its individual pages. These aggregated statistics are used internally to improve our website and for product development and marketing purposes generally. Those aggregated statistics may also be provided to advertisers and other third parties, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
How We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Information
Bush Australia collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for specific purposes, which will vary according to the type of information collected. Such purposes may include the following:
- to support your customer or dealer/retailer relationship with Bush Australia (including, for example, to provide you with goods and/or services that you request and assist with your inquiries and requests);
- provide the services and information relating to products that you require;
- administer and manage the services we provide;
- third party organisations who have been retained by Bush Australia to assist us in providing services to you including:- delivery, installation, maintenance, repair, market research marketing and/or telemarketing, our professional advisers, for example, our auditors and lawyers government, regulatory or other organisations to whom we are required to disclose your personal information by law;
- gain a better understanding of your requirements in order for us to provide you with better and more personalised information suited to your needs;
- research and develop our services;
- to facilitate access to and manage our website;
- to notify you of special offers, events or promotions, updated information and new products and services from Bush Australia that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct promotions or competitions which you participate in;
- to undertake research or surveys to enable us to improve our products and services; or
- to operate our business efficiently;
- independent contractors and consultants, offsite security storage providers, website hosts, media agencies, third party call centres, mail-houses, database managers and event managers, may sometimes have access to personal information held by Bush Australia and may use it on behalf of Bush Australia. Third parties who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential;
- We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes;
- we may enhance or merge your information collected at its website with data from third parties for the purposes of marketing products or services to you; and
- our related companies and product partners.
We will not use or disclose any personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law or pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings;
- it is in connection with a corporate divestiture or dissolution where we sell all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated databases or customer lists containing your personal information);
- it is permitted by this Privacy Statement;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with goods or services you have requested;
- it is necessary to implement our terms of service, or terms of our competitions or promotions or other terms we may have in place with you;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a Bush Australia employee, another customer or any member of the public or Bush Australia; and
- we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Bush Australia. These disclosures are made subject to suitable protection for privacy and confidentiality being in place. The organisations to whom we would usually disclose your information are: – third party organisations who have been retained by Bush Australia to assist us in providing services to you including:- delivery, installation, maintenance, repair, market research marketing and/or telemarketing, our professional advisers, for example, our auditors and lawyers government, regulatory or other organisations to whom we are required to disclose your personal information by law.
Dealing with us anonymously
Where lawful and practicable to do so you can deal with us anonymously e.g. general inquiries about the services we can offer you.
Using your personal information for marketing
We may send you information, including by email, about our various products and services or special offers, promotions or events that may be of interest to you. Only Bush Australia (or third parties working on behalf of Bush Australia) will send you these direct mailings.
If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily opt out of receiving further marketing from Bush Australia by contacting us at [email protected] or by phoning 02 – 9714 3434. You can also use the unsubscribe function in the email to inform us that you do not wish to receive such information from us by email.
Web Measurement Service used by Bush Australia
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we attempt to put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, due to the inherent nature of all data transmissions over the internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee that the information that you submit on our website will be unable to be obtained by an unauthorised party.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Bush Australia takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect, disclose and use is as up to date as possible. Subject to certain exceptions allowed by law, everyone who has provided personal information has the right to access that personal information. For security reasons you will be required to put any request for access to your personal information into writing. You may obtain access to your own personal information by contacting us via the Contact us page or at the address below. Bush Australia will make a charge of $50 for the retrieval of personal information in order to cover our administration costs. You should also contact us if you wish to modify any of your personal information.
When you make a request to access personal information, we may require you to provide some form of identification so that we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates.
It is important that you advise us of any changes to your personal information or if there are any errors in the personal information we are holding about you. If at any time, you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact us by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us on 02 – 9714 3434 and we will amend this information. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
Bush Australia will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information that we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If we hold your information electronically, it will be stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
Bush Australia may transfer your personal information to facilities overseas to store, process or back-up our information. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
Our website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of Bush Australia and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of such third party websites or data collection that may be undertaken on those websites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of those websites.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of information provided on our website. However, except as otherwise required by law, Bush Australia does not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions on the website.
To the extent permitted by law, Bush Australia will not liable for loss, damage or liability arising from errors, omissions, inaccuracies or any misleading or out of date information whether contained on this site or any link attached to this site.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our website contains material in which the copyright is owned by Bush Australia. This material including wording, depictions and logos may be downloaded for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose or further reprinted without prior written permission from Bush Australia.
Complaints Handling and How to Contact Us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write or e-mail us at the following address:
Bush Australia Pty Limited
P O Box 456
Gladesville NSW 1675
or email us at [email protected]
Changes to our Privacy Statement
From time to time, this Privacy Statement will be reviewed and may be revised. Bush Australia will post any updated versions of our Privacy Statement on our website. If we hold your personal information, we will notify you of changes to our Privacy Statement and such changes will take effect within 21 days of such notice unless you indicate your refusal to accept such changes to us within that period.
ONLINE SHOPPING POLICY
Please choose your items carefully as we do not accept refunds or exchanges.
Items listed for sale on this website do not guarantee that the product is in stock. If stock is unavailable at the time of transaction, Bush Australia will refund your order within (7) seven days from the order.
Defective items must be returned to Bush Australia within (14) fourteen days of the purchase date to be eligible for replacement. Items will be replaced with the same item originally purchased. For items that cannot be replaced a full refund will be offered.
We cannot accept “Change Of Mind” returns for consumables based on personal taste.
How to return your item:
1. Contact Bush Australia Customer Service on: +61 2 9714 3434. A customer service representative will evaluate your return request, record all the necessary product return information and issue you with a Return Number (RN). The Customer Service Representative will also provide you address details of where to send your return. You must obtain an RN number immediately so as to ensure that you are eligible for a replacement or refund.
2. Send your item to the return address provided. Please ensure that your RA number is clearly displayed on the return packaging.
3. As soon as the return has been received – a replacement product will be shipped.
- The return must be received by Bush Australia Pty Limited within (14) fourteen days of the RN number being issued.
- Replacement product will only be shipped after the faulty item has been received by Bush Australia Pty Limited.
- All returns must have an RN number.
- Any item that is returned toBush Australia Pty Limited without an RN number will be returned to sender.
- If you feel that your return falls outside of our policy contact us on +61 2 9714 3434 to confirm if your return can be accepted.